Retrieved from Ashes

21 May, 2009

When did I start doing all of this?

For all of you who have been asking me "When did you start doing all of this?" here is the answer:


This card is responsible for spending less on designer clothes, shoes and bags. If you think that's a great thing than I have to disappoint you. I'm actually spending more money on the art material than I did on designer stuff.
I made this card two years ago for my surgeon. That was my way of saying thank you for digging and drilling through my shoulders. Well he did great job and I would trust him to do my hips and knees provided I would have surgery fully dressed (I hate just the thought of the ugly hospital gowns which you tightly wrap around your waste naively thinking that you're safe from the other people's eyes. I remember before both my surgeries I couldn't stop thinking about the EXPOSURE fact so that I forgot about all the risks that surgery itself might involve - probably it was a good thing at the end). Anyway I'm grateful forever to Greg for my still functional upper extremities.

So that's the story behind the card and my "discovery" of something I enjoy so much. I am passionate, and when I have passion for something I throw myself into it fully. Well I know that there are hypocrites who would call it obsession. I call it DEDICATION. Either way I am committed to whatever I do. Art has always been a big part of my life either admiring the other people’s work or attempting to express entire range of emotions. It is a reflection of what I feel. Over the years there have been hard times in my life. Times of big disappointments, emotional and physical struggle; times when everything inside and around me was breaking. But looking back all the difficult times have been often accompanied by the people who touched my life and affected it in a profound way. I have realized that even though some things have been horrible, painful and unfair, overcoming these obstacles I got to know my true potential, strength, willpower and heart. I'm sure that people who know me well will understand my art.

No comments: