Retrieved from Ashes

24 October, 2010

Online classes

It has been a while since my last post but the thing is that beside hectic at work I have been creating. I have completed another altered book, started altering few thins, made some book covers which are awaiting to be bound, have enrolled into jewelery class...

Well I decided not to post it in chronological order. I will start with my latest project.

Last week I got an e-mail from a friend of mine, Martina Hart to join her on the journey through "Texture Town" by Julie Prichard and Chris Cozen . The class started 2 weeks ago and some catching up was required. Lucky I already had mediums and paints required for the class but this didn't stop me ordering more.

The first lesson was Implied texture and I made Journal covers:



The second lesson was Choose your colour (you may have only one guess about my first choice):



The second and third colour choice are waiting for canvases to dry...

5 comments:

lisa_crofts said...

Omg love the texture. Awesome stuff svetlana.

Davinia said...

I wondered what you had been up to...now I see and a jewelry class....I'm impressed. Love the journal covers, can't wait to see your other colour choices.

Jen Crossley said...

Your work is just amazing even better in person so glad to catch up with you while I was in Perth I miss you already

artymarty said...

Looking Good Svetlana.
Hoping to paint more tomorrow for myself

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I've been, I've enjoyed, I've been inspired! Love your texture piece and your slide show of your precious book.