After 5 weeks holidays my first week back at work couldn't start busier:
- routine work on the ward (BTW I'm a clinical nurse on an acute surgical ward - orthopaedics)
- giving two in-services to the night staff
- preparing the meeting for the Orthopaedic Nurses Association of Western Australia (ONA WA) - where I was elected as a president while I was enjoying my life at the Creative Soul Retreat in Melbourne)
- preparing the ONA WA study day with which we are already running late
- and on the very first day the girls on the ward told me that "the team has decided" that I will be making a birthday card for our manager’s 60th birthday.
Oh dear... They don't understand that creativity, in my case, requires "a bit" of thinking time before I lay my hand on any projects. But people who know me (and the girls on the ward know me very well) know that I have a big problem with saying NO. So I added another job to my list "things to do" which had to be done within few days.
Happy 60th Ronnie!!!